8 Reasons Why Every Woman Should Lift Weights
1. You'll Blast More Fat Compared with cardio, strength training is better to lose belly fat becasue while aerobic exercise burns both fat and muscle, weight lifting burns almost exclusively fat. 2. Burn more Calories The more muscle you have, the more energy your body expends. You are burning calories if you lift weights.
3. You'll Be Stronger Mentally Weight lifting empowers you by constantly challenging yourself to do things you never thought possible.
4. You'll Boost Your Flexibility Full-range resistance training workouts can improve flexibility just as well as your typical static streching regimen. If you can't complete the full motion-going all the way up and all the way down with a given weight, you may need to use a lighter dumbbell and work up to it.
5. You'll Strengthen Your Bones When you perform a curl for example, your muscles tug on your arm's bones. The cells within those bones react by creating new bone cells. Your bones become stronger and more dense.
6. You'll Drop a Size The more your weight comes from muscle rather than fat, the ‘smaller’ you'll be. In fact, body weight often goes up with strenght training but dress size goes down one or two sizes. It's really difficult to get body-building big muscles. Women produce about 5 to 10 percent the amount of testosterone men do so you should not be concerned with developing to an unwanted size.
7. You'll Have a Healthier Heart Strength training can improve your heart health. People who perform 45 minutes of moderate intensity resistance exercise can lower their blood pressure by 20 percent.
8. You'll Ease Joint Pain Proper strength training is the solution to joint issues. Go ahead squat low, your knees will thank you. Stronger muscles can better hold your joints in position.